Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thoughts, confessions, observations...

A Thought...
So it is Thursday and I am happy to be able to say I have stayed true (so far) to my attempt to 1. wake up earlier and 2. eat healthier... 3 days down and the 4th day is off to a promising start.  I have actually been arriving at work on time (or even early) which was not really my initial thought process behind getting up early (no need to tell my boss that little tidbit), it was so that I might be able to shower and get ready without an audience.  Butterball likes to join me in the bathroom whenever I am in there, he also insists on sitting on my lap while I attempt to apply my make-up with one hand, and likes me to turn my hairdryer on him while I am trying to dry and style my own hair... as you can imagine that can add a few extra minutes on to my morning routine. So the waking up early has allowed me to be close to ready when the kids wake up (like just about to get dressed), in addition I have found time to apply lotion after my shower!  Which is nice because dry, rough skin is not exactly the look I was going for.

A Confession...
I enjoy Fiber One bars (that is not the confession) - they are both nutritious and delicious... truly a winning combination.  So the confession is... when I eat a Fiber One bar I (and others) must suffer because they cause me a ridiculous amount of gas!  I guess it is the large amount of fiber in each bar (9 grams - that is 35% of your daily fiber intake)!  I have a bar with me today, and when ADG saw me put it in my lunch bag he just sighed assuming tonight is going to be a rough one.  But I think I have been eating healthier, taking in more fiber on a daily basis, drinking lots more water than usual... I think I might have worked my way up to being able to eat one Fiber One bar without the prior outcome(s).  We will wait an see - I plan to eat it as my late afternoon snack... I don't to kill anyone in my office... I like to save it for my family!

An Observation...
I think all parents become human garbage cans at some point - children always give their parents whatever they don't want or won't finish... and some of us are just stupid and eat it (most likely it fell on the floor or was sneezed on, but that is besides the point)!  That is definitely one of the reason for a few of the extra pounds I have packed on over the years.  Last night after my children had politely excused themselves from the dinner table begged to be allowed to leave the table to go play - I sat at the table looking at there barely touched plates and thought for a minute about eating their left over food.  I had finished my own dinner, but I am not sure what I was feeling... I did not want the food to go waste, I could not really save it.... no it's that I have become a human garbage can!  Well I am happy to say I restrained myself and did not eat it... I can't say the same for my better half, but that is he's fish to fry!

I gotta run... you know all the extra water I have drinking... that has its own effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment