Monday, September 19, 2011

Class Parent

I had a big decision to make last week... a notice was sent home from Princesses school regarding "Class Parents". The noticed asked whether or not you wanted to be considered for the role of Class Parent... here is peek at my inner dialogue:

Super Mom: Of course you want to be class parent! It will be so much fun, Princess will be so happy, maybe you will get to do some crafty kind of stuff, you can become friends with the teacher and get to find things out first... oh you really want this!
Realistic Mom: Are you NUTS - how will you handle being class parent and working full time... she is in kindergarten, you have 6 more years to do this! Wait until next year!
Super Mom: But if I don't say I want to be class parent this year they might put me on the list of parents who they will never allow to be class parent!
Realistic Mom:  There is no such list - you are being ridiculous...
Super Mom:  I know that list exists! If I don't say I want to be class parent they will think I don't care about my daughter and her class.
Realistic Mom:  Who is they? Why would anyone think that?
Super Mom:  The person/people who decides who gets to be the class parent! And people do think like that!
Realistic Mom:  You should not care what other people think and besides you have a lot on your plate right now.
Super Mom:  I know... you are right, but what if no one wants to be class parent! I do not want the class NOT have a class parent.
Realistic Mom: That is not going to happen...
Super Mom:  Oh I know... because I signed the form and said I would be happy to be class parent. Realistic Mom: Of course you did - for your sake I hope you do not get picked.
Super Mom: Oh same here... Hey, I wonder what will be my first task as class parent will be?

Princess's lunch today: Ham sandwich (cut into flowers), a hard boiled egg (white only), cherry tomatoes, mandarin oranges and cookies. She also requested a sun capri (otherwise know as a capri sun).




No comments:

Post a Comment