Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Remember how I told you Princess was so excited at the thought of bringing her lunch to school she could hardly stand it?... well the excitement has waned a bit.   Do not get me wrong she loves the lunches I have slaved over and poured my heart and soul into, but apparently the meatball sub and slice of pizza lunches offered by the school have caught her eye.  The school just changed the process for ordering lunch - instead of a daily order you now review a 2 week menu on Monday and make your selections and send in the order and the money by Thursday... sounds easy enough. Princess and I reviewed menu Wednesday night and she only found one item she thought she would want - a cheese burger - which is being served on the Thursday of the 2nd week.  I filled out the form and sent in the money.  You can only imagine how thrilled I was when Princess announced Friday night that she REALLY REALLY wanted to order the pizza next week.  I asked her why she failed to mention that she wanted pizza when we went over the 2 WEEK menu the other night!  Of course she had no response and I knew she wouldn't, but it had to be asked... now I will be spending some time this week figuring out how to get in a one off lunch order... what else is new.


In other news - Sunday was another prep day - I made mini-meatloaves and taco meat for 2 dinners this week, and I got my Betty Crocker on and made a loaf of banana bread... I had a number of over-ripe bananas (1 went into the bread, the others went into the garbage). I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but every time I make banana bread the bottom is over done (not quite burnt, but close). No one seems to really love banana bread in my house (except for me) - the kids love bananas - but not so much the bread. 

Today's lunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment